Sea & Sea DX-1G Digital Camera and Housing
The DX-1G image quality is so superior that it defies the term “compact”. The camera is equipped with a fine CCD sensor that has 10.01 million effective pixels. The DX-1G, the next generation of underwater digital camera system achieves a decisive balance between style and performance, offering an uncompromising and sophisticated design together with advanced technology. The globally recognized concept and benefits of this unrivaled, premium underwater camera system affords the most demanding user complete satisfaction. The exceptional quality of image reproduction that exceeds 10 million pixels, the highly functional, stylish housing, and above all, the innovative features specific to the underwater environment this is the world of the DX-1G.
- High-quality design with premium feeling & superior operability
- Equipped with two fiber-optic cable sockets.
- Equipped with a built-in flashlight diffuser.
- All shooting functions on the 1G camera are operable.
- Wide-angle conversion lens for DX-1G is available. (Optional)
- Outer hood and inner hood for LCD monitor.
- The highest reliability with a depth rating of 55m / 180ft.
- Soft grip protector for stability and comfort underwater
- 10.01-megapixel CCD for precise image reproduction.
- 24-72mm 3x optical zoom for wide-angle photography.
- Equipped with 2.5-inch, 230,000 pixel LCD monitor.
- Compatible with RAW data storage.
- Vibration correction for capturing a moment precisely.
- 1cm / 0.4inch Macro for ultra close-up photography.
- SEA & SEA mode, ideal for underwater photography.
- Aperture-priority mode and manual exposure mode also available.
This package Include:
- DX-1G Camera & Housing
- YS-27DX Strobe
- Arm Light Single Set (for One Strobe)
- Fiber Optic Sync Cord L Type
- Digital Wide Conversion Lens
- Lens caddy
- USB and AV cable
- Lithium-ion battery and charger
- Lens cap
- Wrist lanyard
- LCD monitor hood
- Pelican 1500 Case
- FREE $25 Digital Prints Gift Card
Main Features of the YS-27DX Strobe
The YS-27DX strobe is designed for multipurpose underwater photography. This new strobe has beam angle of 105° x 84° and a guide number of up to 20 (ISO 100 / m) / 66 (ISO 100 /feet), providing spread and power for subjects that range from wide-angle Macro.
The light level control dial of the YS-27DX has nine different light level controls, which increments from a minimum power of GN 1.7 to a maximum power of GN 20 (1EV step). The light level control dial enbales you to take ideal pictures, precisely adjustable to get just the right amount of light for the subject at hand.
The YS-27DX offers a pre-flash cancel mode (*1) that ensures the strobe won’t fire prematurely when used with digital cameras that emit a small pre-flash burst before the main flash. This strobe is compatible with most digital cameras that have a pre-flash. An optional fiber-optic cable accurately synchronizes the strobe with your digital camera’s built-in flash.
The YS-27DX’s power source is four AA batteries, which provide strength and endurance for a full day’s shooting without changing batteries. The recycle time of YS-27DX with 2700mAh nickel-metal-hydride batteries is only two seconds, providing speedy recovery for a rapid series of images. SEA&SEA adopts the dela-prism, which spread soft and delicate lighting of subjects, for YS-27DX.
The YS-27DX is an ideal slave sub-strobe for a digital SLR camera housing. It detects light from the main strobe’s Flash and immediately fires in synchronization with the main strobe.
Main Features of the Wide Angle Lens
Can be attached easily in one turning action utilizing the bayonet system; can be attached and detached underwater. (The lens can be used on land as well as underwater.)
When the wide-angle conversion lens is mounted, the angle of view increases from 24mm to about 16mm.
[Lens] 3 elements in 3 groups
[Underwater angle of view] 85° (106.5° on land)
[Depth rating] 60m / 200ft
[Weight: Approx] 406g / 14.2oz (underwater: Approx. 230g / 8.1oz)
[Dimensions] (DIAxD) 97×48.5mm / 3.9×1.9 inch
* The lens can be used on land, but slight vignetting (dimming) may occur in the four corners of the image. Slightly zoom in to telephoto to eliminate vignetting.
*A shadow may appear in the image if the built-in flash is used when the wide-angle conversion lens is mounted. It is highly recommended that you use an external strobe.
The caddy enables the wide-angle conversion lens for the DX-1G to be attached to either the Sea Arm Light or Sea Arm VII.